2014 Vulkan Open
GI: 2nd August 2014
NO-GI: 3rd August 2014
PRE REGISTRATION CLOSE:
31 July 2014 11:59 PM PST
Long Beach California Convention Center300 E Ocean Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90802
CONTACT DETAILS:Vulkan Fight Company
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Each school may have 4 competitors in each category. Schools may have more than one team, but each team’s points are counted separately
Registration fees are non-refundable. NO EXCEPTIONS. You MUST register on line
No late or same day registrations will be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS.
All competitors must attend the weigh-in:
- Friday, August 1st at Vulkan Store between 9am to 7pm -12607 Hoover Street, Garden Grove CA 92841
- OR Sat August 2 and Sunday August 3 from 8:30 am to 10:00am at Long Beach Convencion center 300 E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All competitors must wear clean jiu-jitsu uniform, in good condition, pants and jacket must be same color Black , white and blue only . (NO shirt or rashguard under)
- Any competitor who displays unsportsmanlike conduct before, during, or after the match, will be disqualified and forfeit the registration fee.
- It is the competitor responsibility to find out when his/her match will take place. Any competitor who does not show up for a match will automatically forfeit the match and registration fee.
- Any competitor who deliberately tries to hurt the opponent, (including slamming them while in their guard) will be disqualified.
- No bent knee locks, bicep locks, cervical guillotine, or heel hooks will be permitted. Use of technique is grounds for disqualification. All other ?normal? Jiu-Jitsu locks and chokes will be permitted.
- All disqualified competitors will lose their registration fee.Vulkan and staff will not be responsible for accident, injury, or death as a result of the tournament.
- The competitor with the most points or a submission will be deemed the winner If there is no points scored the competitor who maintains the advantage or is closest to scoring a point will be deemed the winner.
- Points and medal will be awarded for the first and second place.
- Any competitor who displays an unwillingness to fight or go to the ground will have a verbal penalty for the first occurrence, on the second occurrence two points will be granted to the opponent, on the third occurrence four points will be granted to the opponent, and if a fourth reincidence behavior happen in the same fight, the fighter will be disqualified(DQ).
- All age and weight categories will be added together from each team for final tally. We reserve the right to combine weight categories.
- The team with the highest score at the end of the tournament will win the Vulkan California Open 2014 Champion.
Throws, take-downs > 2 points
Sweep > 2 points
Pass the guard > 3 points
Knee to the belly > 2 points
Mount/taking the back > 4 points
Reversal from bottom to top > 2 points
50/50 > 1 minute = UP again